A native of Huntsville, Alabama, Dr. Carroll D. Cooper moved to Atlanta to attend Morehouse College. Following his time at Morehouse, Dr. Cooper obtained his medical degree from the University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Medicine.
He did his residency training, in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, at the Medical College of Wisconsin. After finishing residency, he underwent additional training at The Hospital for Special Surgery, completing a fellowship in Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine. He subsequently attained board certification in Pain Management.
Dr. Cooper focuses on regenerative treatments for non-surgical orthopedic problems. Utilizing platelet rich plasma, stem cells, and traditional corticosteroids, Dr. Cooper provides patients with non-surgical options for common orthopedic problems.
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified in Pain Management
- B.S. in Chemistry from Morehouse College
- M.D. from the University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Medical College of Wisconsin
- Fellowship in Interventional Spine & Sports Medicine from the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City
- NASA Scholar at Morehouse College
- Served as Chief Resident at the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Completed fellowship in Interventional Spine & Sports Medicine from the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City – the premiere orthopedic hospital in the world
- Served as a team doctor for St. Peter’s College in New Jersey